As a media psychologist, Dr. Durnell focuses on using virtual reality (VR), artificial intelligence (AI) and robotic technology to transform healthcare. Dr. Durnell works in the commercialization and human behavior side for medical and clinical applications—in particular, VR innovations for the treatment of PTSD/Phobias, mental health, pain management, addictions, cognitive rehabilitation, medical/clinical education, wellness and surgical training.
- The Brain Machine Connection: How AI, VR and Digital Therapeutics are Transforming Education, Research and Healthcare
- Dr. Durnell "Disrupting Healthcare: How Medical Virtual Reality Impacts Patient Outcomes"
- Teaching the Psychology of Technology to Graduate Students
- Dr. Durnell Presenting at American Psychological Association APA 2018 Convention
- Durnell Research Published