The goal of this course is to prepare students to understand new technologies, the effect they can have on behavioral change and the potential for impacting humanitarian relief, civic engagement, social infrastructures and therapeutic innovations. This course will strive to provide current information, varying perspectives and will be practical and informed by theory and research. Every week students will be introduced to a different technology, technological application or technology solution, such as AI, AR, VR, robotics and technology-driven healthcare. The important questions about emerging technologies will be addressed and ethical practices will be examined with a focus on understanding how technology can positively impact human behavior.
- Dr. Durnell Keynote at 2019 Predictive Analytics Symposium
- Presented at Amazon Lab126
- Collaborating at the Future Directions Forum, Washington DC
- Presenting at International Positive Psychology Association, Melbourne Australia
- The Brain Machine Connection: How AI, VR and Digital Therapeutics are Transforming Education, Research and Healthcare