The goal of this course is to prepare students to understand new technologies, the effect they can have on behavioral change and the potential for impacting humanitarian relief, civic engagement, social infrastructures and therapeutic innovations. This course will strive to provide current information, varying perspectives and will be practical and informed by theory and research. Every week students will be introduced to a different technology, technological application or technology solution, such as AI, AR, VR, robotics and technology-driven healthcare. The important questions about emerging technologies will be addressed and ethical practices will be examined with a focus on understanding how technology can positively impact human behavior.
- The Brain Machine Connection: How AI, VR and Digital Therapeutics are Transforming Education, Research and Healthcare
- Dr. Durnell "Disrupting Healthcare: How Medical Virtual Reality Impacts Patient Outcomes"
- Teaching the Psychology of Technology to Graduate Students
- Dr. Durnell Presenting at American Psychological Association APA 2018 Convention
- Durnell Research Published