Durnell joined the United States Department of Defense in a simulation exercise aimed at countering terrorist messaging in Iraq and Syria. On Jan. 17, 2017 at a public forum in Santa Barbara, Calif., Durnell and the panel described their experiences: the months of briefings on terrorism, culture, and the politics of the regions; teaming with Military Intelligence Special Operations to create audio, video, and graphic media to send to imams, tribal leaders, and even ISIL supporters and recent defectors; the real-time simulation with nearly 100 people in seven countries; and more.
- Presenting at International Positive Psychology Association, Melbourne Australia
- The Brain Machine Connection: How AI, VR and Digital Therapeutics are Transforming Education, Research and Healthcare
- Dr. Durnell "Disrupting Healthcare: How Medical Virtual Reality Impacts Patient Outcomes"
- Teaching the Psychology of Technology to Graduate Students
- Dr. Durnell Presenting at American Psychological Association APA 2018 Convention